TheBrain 9 is all new and completely native on Windows and macOS. It features a streamlined modern user interface, hundreds of enhancements, and greatly increased speed and reliability.
Only Everything Is Better in TheBrain 9
TheBrain 9 has been re-engineered from the ground up and provides enhanced capabilities in all aspects of the software. From the front-end user interface to the back-end data storage, literally everything is new and improved.
- New powerful database for faster startup, more responsive Brains and augmented scalability
- All new tabbed interface that makes multiple Brain viewing and access a breeze
- Updated Content Previews for Web pages and documents
- Effortless new Notes Editor complete with style settings, optimized YouTube and image embedding
- New Mind Map view to augment information visualization and analysis
- Enhanced Thought animation with silky smooth 60 frames per second animation
- New user interface with streamlined menus, single click properties access and content-first design
- Goodbye Java. Hello native code!
- TheBrain 9 will not overwrite TheBrain 8 and both versions can be used at the same time
- TheBrain 9 is not backward compatible with TheBrain 8. TheBrain 9 makes a copy of your Brain as part of the import process. There is no way to move data from TheBrain 9 to TheBrain 8.
- TheBrain 9 syncs to a different server than TheBrain 8. Your Brains will not be available in TheBrain 9 until you import them and they will not be online until you sync them using TheBrain 9. Once you have synced a Brain using TheBrain 9 to the cloud, you will be able to download that Brain and sync with it from another computer using TheBrain 9.
- TheBrain 9 checks for available updates automatically. If you want to start using new versions as soon as possible set the update channel under Preferences > System to "Alpha".
- Currently the iOS and Android client do not yet work with TheBrain 9. This is planned for the near future. The same is true of the Web client. If you rely on the iOS, Android, or Web client, we suggest that you wait until these clients are available before moving to TheBrain 9.
- Upgrades to TheBrain 9 are free if you have an active services plan or if you purchased a new license of TheBrain after November 1, 2015. When you login using TheBrain 9, your existing license will be automatically recognized.
- If you do not qualify for a free upgrade, you can use the 30 day trial of TheBrain 9 and add services to your license here or call 310-751-5000 when you are ready.
- Like TheBrain 8, TheBrain 9 offers a free edition with some limitations for personal use.